Thursday, September 17, 2009

Done with Radiation - Fall Can Officially Begin

Finished radiation yesterday and celebrated by going on CNBC to discuss first time homebuyer tax credits. Who says I don't know how to party?

I am happy to be done with radiation and it ended just in time as the weather turned rainy and cold again. The powers that be did listen and earlier this week did feel like summer. I am happy to be done with radiation and looking forward to going back to life without daily doctor's appointments. I got a certificate for completing radiation and BoSoxFox brought in cake (flourless chocolate cake and German chocolate cake) to celebrate. I also went out for drinks to celebrate. When I got home I received a gift from the ladies of taxation in Cambridge - which was Burdoch's chocolate. Do we all sense a theme here per chance? Thank you all for your well wishes and support over the last year. It has helped a lot, though I can't believe it's been almost a year since this whole thing had begun.

As for CNBC http://www.cnbc.com/id/15840232?video=1258448442&play=1 well that had to do with the first-time homebuyers tax credit. Something that probably worked better as stimulus than we thought it would but seems like it might be yet another temporary tax expenditure that becomes permanent. Like what we need is more incentives in housing over other investments. Of course, according to the realtors the only thing standing between the country and 5-6 GDP growth in the current year is an extension and expansion of the housing credit. Isn't using housing purchases to pull us out of a downturn what got us into this mess in the first place? I've also learned I need to figure out how to smile while on camera and finish a thought once I start it.

In any case, I am off to Europe on Saturday for a week to talk about higher education tax credits. I'm guessing this will be more celebratory and involve (surprise, surprise) the eating and purchase of copious amounts of Belgian (and probably German and French) chocolate and less copious amounts of beer and foie gras. I might actually have a problem here - is it sad to think that if I developed a chocolate allergy that might be more devastating to my life than cancer?

Okay, so not really. I will probably not blog until I'm back from the old country. Stay out of trouble and for those of you of the faith Shana Tova or Happy New Year.

Kim

1 comment:

  1. you look great on national TV, and nice job not laying into the totally partisan realtor guy... Have a belgian blonde for me (the beer!)

    xoxo

    michele

    ReplyDelete