Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Good News on a Rainy Day

I had an appointment with my surgeon today. The tumor has shrunk to a mass that is 8x12x14 mm or much smaller and about 1.4 cm. There is an additional surrounding area but the whole thing is about 26 mm or much smaller and it means I am still scheduled for a lumpectomy :). My doctor has a court appearance (on behalf of a patient) May 1 so the surgery is currently scheduled for May 8. (She does surgeries on Fridays.) My lymph nodes also look clear and smaller than when I had the MRI in the Fall. So the chemo has done what we were hoping it would do.

Otherwise, I seem to be doing better. I stopped having fevers after Thursday but that was related to the white blood cell production and my numbers seem high. I still get tired easily, yesterday working a whole day just about exhausted me but in general I feel pretty good and like myself. My brain seems to be functioning and I'm hopeful that I can even start walking more than a couple of blocks but that might be asking a lot.

Anyway, I'm hoping residual symptoms - the tingling feet, funny mouth taste and the fatigue will lessen as the chemo leaves my body. Next steps is to get an ultrasound to make sure that they can see the tumor on an ultrasound because the day of surgery a wire will be placed so the doctor can know what area needs to be removed as there is little evidence of the tumor by feel.

I am relieved and happy and tired as it is well past my bedtime. I'm hoping you've all done your taxes or at least figure out if you owe anything and file for an extension. I've already gotten both my refunds deposited so both DC and the federal government were pretty quick.

No comments:

Post a Comment