Sunday, November 8, 2009

Staying busy

I've managed to totally overbook November into December in part I think to take my mind off of the upcoming surgery. I was on a roundtable last Friday, flew to MA for overnight, and was on two sessions at the APPAM conference. On the plus side I got to see a ton of people I like and have fun with and heard some interesting presentations. On the down side, seeing thousands of folks, seems to have led to me catching a cold and I'm about to get on a plane to seattle tomorrow evening and need to get slides done for a presentation on Thursday. I probably should try and sleep and see if I can get rid of the cold but who knows what I'll end up doing the rest of today. I'm pretty sure it isn't flu - I don't really feel bad enough but it would be good for my brain to function at Tuesday's meeting. I go from DC to Seattle and then Seattle to Denver and then back to DC on Saturday. I"m then in DC for a week before going to Las Vegas for Thanksgiving, NY for the Monday after Thanksgiving and then back to Seattle mid-December and I will probably try and spend the weekend in the Bay area to make flying cross country so much not seem so bad.

I then stay put with surgery on January 7. I have assorted doctor's appointments and other things to do but I'm guessing this will all get done.

In other news, I went to the Lazy-Boy store yesterday and was unable to find a recliner to meet what i want - somehow over the last 20 years they are super plush and go back too far and don't seem to be able to go back and forth without using my stomach muscles.

There was the automatic lift chair but it doesn't come in black. Can someone explain to me why getting a black recliner seems to be difficult? There are tons of them in nail salons throughout the country.

So I'm thinking I will look at other places, or rent one - there's also the potential of buying one from a medical supply store.

Otherwise things are good - seeing people this week was really fun, even if I did end up drinking probably too much and maybe I'm too old to be dancing around bars. It was a super fun Friday night and I had the added advantage of being asked for id twice. I'm not sure there's anyway I look under 21 but apparently they have to ask if they think you are under 35 - a bonus in any case.

Anyway - Hopefully I can get the cold under control before the travels begin - I'd hate to be the one to get 100s of folks sick at the National Tax meeting in Denver.

No comments:

Post a Comment