Thursday, December 11, 2008

I like pink

I guess the first thing I should say is that this blog will at least at the beginning be more about breast cancer and less about taxes. I decided naming it in a way that I could continue after this year ends will lead to continuity. I also want to note that I have always liked the color pink - but this doesn't mean I find the plethora of pink surrounding breast cancer comforting instead of vaguely creepy. (Can one call the pink ribbon creepy in a breast cancer blog?) I guess the other thing to note is that even with breast cancer my personality is much the same and I need to in part argue against the grain.

This might be an odd beginning post. But, hi, I'm Kim, I'm a tax geek and I was diagnosed with breast cancer about a month ago. This blog will be an attempt to be better at disseminating information about what I am going through and how I am doing, largely for the people who know me. For others who wander in, welcome but don't get mad about the snark about the ribbons and you also might need to ignore the random tax stuff.

Time for bed but I will recount more later.

11 comments:

  1. Thanks for setting up this blog, Kim! We're thinking of you here in chilly Evanston! Love ya, David

    ReplyDelete
  2. Renowned from coast to coast. Always love to hear your take on anything: tax policy, breast cancer, why its a bad idea to mix a pitcher of mojitos with fried bar food...

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, Eamonn could tell you what an achievement you've made and what a sign of my affection for you --- you have officially sucked me into the world of web 2.0.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you both for posting comments. Peggy - we're still a generation behind until we start twittering....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the launch! This calls for a launch party! Dumplings? :)

    Love,
    The chief medical transcriptionist

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just don't post our movie, or I will have to hurt you. On the other hand, any allusions to the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants Part 2 would be most welcome. Thanks for setting this up.

    xo,
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, I figured out how to change my profile thanks to you! Like Peggy, I am grateful for your helping to bring me near the 21st century.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good to be of use, we can all update our skills to be only a generation behind. I don't seem to be able to comment easily and still need to figure out how to change the time stamp to the East Coast. But no posting of bad video or bald pictures is key...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Kim for doing this. We want to help and know what is happening but we don't want to bug you. How perfect this is.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're writing from the heart Kim. Love it.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Once again, developing connections no one else can see: pink, tax policy, breast cancer. You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete