Monday, March 2, 2009

Happy March

I am still running fevers off and on but don't feel terrible - and the cipro while I'm not sure it is killing anything isn't producing any new symptoms. I do think it is causing some dry mouth but how that differs from my prior dry mouth isn't clear. I feel okay though am home today because venturing out into the snow covered streets seems a bit ambitious.

I did count and had 11 blood draws in February - if "normal" is once a week (or 4) it means I got to have all sorts of extra blood work done. I did point out that I had a chest x-ray 2 weeks earlier which was totally clear, so did save at least some health care dollars.

I did go get a massage yesterday which felt great - for new agey types my doctor said it is okay and I have enough chemo going through my body I can't imagine stimulating my lymph nodes could do anything but good.

The only problem with all the time I've been spending at home is that I end up listening to a ton of NPR - mostly the fact that each program seems to have shows on similar topics seems okay if a little repetitive but is it really the case that Barbie's 50th anniversary seems to warrant being mentioned and the subject of an hour show on each of the talk shows?

Anyway - I hope those of you venturing forth in the snow are careful. I would be happier if March was warm but I'd take snow and a cessastion of blood work.

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment