Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Halfway through

Assuming I don't need any boosts, I just hit the midway point of radiation. I've had 14 treatments and it hasn't been that bad thus far (knock wood). The increased discomfort from radiation on my left side is being offset by the decreasing achiness in my right arm. I do feel somewhat like Frankenstein's monster - I have all the right parts but they are askew. My arms kind of hurt, chest is tight and hard and no, not in a good way like from exercise. But I seem to be doing okay. Last week, I attended some conferences and actually finished a draft of a paper (thank you Tracy), met friends for lunch and dinner and generally had a life.

This weekend after a fun dinner Friday night that probably went a little too late, my poor computer came down with spyware. Lesson: don't check e-mail while intoxicated. (Yes going a little too late is code for too much drinking.) If you get a message from advanced virus removal, make sure not to click on anything. I didn't click on the pop-up but did hit the icon in the corner by mistake. (It has windows colors.) I'm guessing it was the drink, bud suddenly I am down the rabbithole. Hopefully, my computer can be cleaned; it has been given over to professionals.

I did drive my car and went to the farmers' market on Sunday which was super-exciting and means I have a house full of fruits and vegetables. Otherwise, things are chugging along. I have enough trips planned in the near future to not be sad about being one of 10 people left in DC and
I'm hoping for a productive but mainly uneventful week.

No comments:

Post a Comment