Friday, January 29, 2010

Just hanging around waiting for the snow

I don't have much to report, but folks have commented about my lack of posting. I am doing reasonably well. I've gone for walks most days and while apparently on some non-east coast time (I don't seem able to wake up before 8:30 or 9) I seem to manage to fill my days.

Yesterday I got my hair cut, ate sushi and answered some e-mails about a contract and some other random work related stuff. While having high hopes for organizing - and after making some good progress when Ellen and Michele were here, things seem to have leveled off. Instead, I seem to be filling my time reading random things on-line, playing on-line scrabble and watching incredibly geeky things like this, or the President addressing the republican party, or this trailer. Note Len's appearance towards the end.

Yes I said it was geeky.

Otherwise, I'm planning on going back to work part-time next week and have scheduled a trip to visit my sister and her family next weekend. I have put together clothing options - yoga pants or sweat pants (though they look nice) and long sweaters, or dresses and boots. The key is avoidance of any waistbands on my scar but yes it is fairly reminiscent of the 80's. I'm resisting the urge to add leg-warmers.

I've also been spending time e-mailing with my niece - and trying to get her to use actual words instead of text speak. But now that I've brought up bad 80s fashion, maybe I need to cut her some slack.

Anyway - I'm doing okay - happy for phone calls if folks are bored and I have a goal to get rid of my waste products tomorrow. (They are still sitting in my trunk, DC lets you drop things off on Saturdays - last Saturday I didn't do it due to traffic disruptions and this week I might be put off by the snow.)

Of course I have been waiting for the snow allday and now they say it isn't coming until tomorrow - we'll see if it amounts to much.

Hope you all have a great weekend.

Kim

2 comments:

  1. Ah, legwarmers. Worn outside the pants, of course. Those were the days.

    xo,
    BoSoxFox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude - if you agree to wear legwarmers, I might just knit you a pair. Rainbow or pastel, of course, and definitely on TOP of the pants, as Melissa suggests. Only rule is you can't wear them when we're near each other because I will melt from jealousy at your keen fashion sense.

    ReplyDelete