Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A draining experience

Things are still going pretty well. I had a doctor's appointment yesterday - my healing seems to be going pretty well. Dr. H. took out one of my three drains and I'm supposed to go back in Friday or next Tuesday to remove the other 2 drains. I am healing great and apparently am a rock star. So apparently if nothing else works out, I might be able to be a professional patient.

Getting up, getting dressed and going to the hospital wore me out for the rest of the day. I blame it on having to wear pants but it might be the fact that there was walking around. We'll see, the rest of you might be in some trouble if I decide a la Lady Gaga that pants are just overrated. Sunday was also apparently pantsless day on Muni, so apparently I really am just part of a bigger movement.

I spent much of the rest of the afternoon napping and then had a lovely dinner with Ellen and Rosanne. Sleeping was okay and today's exciting agenda includes showering and washing my hair and potentially getting back to the organizing of my closet and financial records. (A Monday evening activity.) Apparently a problem (side benefit?) with having great friends come take care of me and my not doing that badly, and them having excellent organizational skills, means side projects of trying to make order of the chaos of my life. Getting the guest closet organized and putting my piles of medical records into some semblance of order will be a bonus. Apparently this might be a bonus from cancer - the clearing out of 20 years of random paper.

Otherwise - woke up to hear the news about Haiti and hope things aren't as terrible as it seems to be. A major earthquake in California is horrible, when infrastructure is shaky to begin with it just seems likely to be devastating. I just gave an additional donation to Partners In Health - a great charity that already has a sizable presence in Haiti. If you are wondering about sending me something, know I am well taken care of and would love a redirect of funds to them or another group providing support.


Yours in pantslessness
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment