Saturday, February 21, 2009

A New Normal

Just thought I'd report I am doing pretty well. I feel okay, I dd develop some blotchiness on my face and the rash was back on my hand but started taking the benadryl for a day and then began the steroids and things seem under control. Managed to spend most of the late morning and early afternoon out and about with Carol, my college roommate who was in from CA. I managed to buy some new clothes so may now have more clothes that fit - and may show up in something other than yoga pants. I do tend to be awfully cranky so people should be warned. Though I'm hoping with the less involved chemo schedule I will hopefully mellow out.

The face blotchiness seems permanently gone and in some ways watching the ebbs and flows of the rash on my arm (yesterday night I had a little on my left arm too) doesn't seem alarming and in my current state almost passes as entertainment and close to the new normal. Right now both arms look pretty clear and I am just feeling mellow - didn't sleep much last night.

I'm hopeful that after my few days of steroids maybe things will even out and being off until March 12 will be exciting. I'm guessing Wednesday will be a little rough when I'm off the steroids but i might try and wean and take a half a dose on Monday - though my appointment with the surgeon is Tuesday which might argue for using a full dose on Monday and weaning on Tuesday.


Hope people got out and had a good day - it was pretty nice here - went out for lunch with Carol who is now on her way back to CA.


Kim

1 comment:

  1. Be Cranky!!! It feels good. Nothing like what you are going through, but Sean has had a cold for over a week. He shared a toy with another baby (girl). Poor guy. Anyway, my point is cranky is natural. Go with it.
    I've learned how to distract him while I suction the hell out of his nose. You would be amazed at the weird sounds and faces I make. To get back at me he has learned how to crawl.

    ReplyDelete