Saturday, May 23, 2009

2 hour sleep schedule

Hi, I just wanted to report in that i am doing pretty well. As BoSoxFox reported things went smoothly and more quickly than the prior surgery. Recovery seemed a little harder after surgery but i think this was due to my having less drugs in my system and being aware sooner. I did kind of miss the hard stuff but was happy the anesthesiologist was willing to use my mediport so there wasn't even an attempt at accessing my veins.

Melissa took me home and after sleeping off and on - Rob showed up bearing a box of bbq stuff from Kansas City. After making the decision to postpone authentic KC foods until tonight once Tracy and Ellen showed up we hung out for a while. Melissa went home to pack and get ready for a trip away and the rest of us hung out. I am definitely in pretty good shape - spent a few hours on the couch and we discussed the nta conference which seemed to go well and generally hung out. Thank you Tracy.

Back to surgery, I'm hopeful that we have clearer margins. I'm not in much pain. In fact the underarm incisions from 2 weeks ago are in some ways more bothersome than the recent surgery. I do seem to be on a two hour sleep schedule again but i'm hopeful that is fleeting and a consequence of sleeping off and on all of yesterday. I am a little sad that I think there is significant diminishment in size - this might be due to the bandage or fluid being drained from the last surgery but I think I am about to join the millions of other women who have different size tatas. Of course figuring out the aesthetics of this all can wait for a little while.

I am about to try and sleep some more - I hope you all have a fabulous weekend. I'm supposed to go to Tracy's tomorrow night (we are potentially moving ribs and BBQ outdoors and she has a backyard) and may try more excursions, of course I also might just maintain my constantly napping schedule.

Kim

PS Not to make Melissa feel too bad but it seems like the Mets beat Boston yesterday :)

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kim, Gayle and I are thinking of you lots. We're glad the surgery went well. xoxo, Ashlyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim,

    Not just once, but twice on Mets! BoSox now have the same record as Yankees! Yikes!

    Glad you're healing. Hope that the sleep schedule improves quickly.

    See you Thursday,

    Melissa (from lovely Oregon)

    ReplyDelete
  3. trust me - nobody takes out their slide rule to measure each side. Glad you are recuperating.
    -michele

    ReplyDelete