Friday, May 22, 2009

out of surgery, take 2

Hello Friends and Family of Kim,

This is guest blogger BoSoxFox (Melissa) again. Kim and I have just returned to her beautifully clean home (which is filled with lovely flowers from her amazing friends and colleagues). She is resting and listening to some NPR, so I thought I would post a quick update.

The second surgery went well. Dr. E reported that all went according to plan. They were able to use the same incision, minimizing the difficulty of the surgery. (The resident was very impressed by the incision.) The nurses and patient liasons in the surgery recovery area were all really great.

Kim has taken some percocet to help her with the pain. They did not resort to any of the hard-core drugs (morphine, nitrous) this time. I'm trying hard not to add to her pain by talking too much trash, even though our teams (BoSox and Mets) are meeting tonight. Please, no 1986 jokes!

Alas, the second day of the NTA conference has gone on with her participating only by text message. While I know Kim's disappointed not to be there, Dupont Circle does have significant advantages over L'Enfant Plaza. (If I can't trash talk sports, I can try for neighborhoods, as I am an honorary employee in L'E P.)

I'm sure Kim will be posting soon on her own!

Hope everyone has a great long weekend.

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment