Monday, June 29, 2009

Today's surgery

Hello again to Kim's friends and family,

This is BoSoxFox (Melissa), guest blogger, reporting on Kim's surgery today.

I just spoke with Mary Ann, who has just spoken with Dr. E. The first part of Kim's surgery is now complete. Dr. E. says that everything went well, and consistent with her expectations. Kim is still in with the plastic surgeon (Dr. J.). Mary Ann will call back and report more later, when this second part of the surgery is complete, and I will post again then.

This may be an appropriate time to recognize Kim's awesome friends like Mary Ann (and Carol, Debbie, Elizabeth, Ellen and Rob, Julie, Michele, Rosanne, Sue, Susan, Taleen, and Tracy) who have done such a fabulous job keeping Kim's friends and family updated throughout the course of these treatments and procedures. It's meant a huge amount to me to get these phone calls/updates, and I imagine that many of you feel the same way. I am sure that I am forgetting people--and I haven't even started with all the Urban folks who have been providing meals, Lincoln folks who have been providing incredible care packages, friends who have been sending gorgeous flowers, driving Kim to appointments, etc. So kudos to Mary Ann and many others!

Tracy and I are making plans to visit Kim after work later today (assuming that Kim feels up to having us). I will also try to post more this evening--or perhaps tomorrow morning--after I have had a chance to speak to Kim directly and can provide more information.

More soon,
Melissa

1 comment:

  1. thanks so much, Melissa! Her west coast friends and Brown friends are all thinking of her and appreciative that you, Tray and Mary Ann are with her the next few days.

    ReplyDelete