Friday, January 9, 2009

Chemo is fine - home repairs are a pain

So I am feeling fine today, just mellow but hit a home repair snag. Turns out the valve to my dishwasher won't shut off so I need to schedule a plumber to come fix it and have the water to my building shut off. So now I have a plumber coming next Wednesday and the dishwasher hopefully being delivered on Thursday. Otherwise I am trying to motivate to get some work done. It is an exciting time to be looking at policy and trying to figure out what is happening with stimulus is exciting. We might be in for a time of rethinking the federal/state/local relationship and it will be a time to be fully engaged. Hopefully out of the current downturn we can come up with good answers and set things going in the right direction - rather than pointing fingers and wasting a ton of money. It will be challenging for the new administration but mostly they seem to be focussed in the right direction.

Not much to add about me - it is amazing how what is normal changes. My friend Sue came and hung out at chemo after BoSoxFox came to the doctors appointment but might be off the hook going forward as it seems like things are just becoming normal and routine.

Sorry if posting gets less frequent - but in general things are going well and not much is changing as far as day to day is going. Mostly I'm fine - somedays I'm less so and really tired but I'm guessing it is related to my blood chemistry. So in general if I'm not posting take it as a good sign that I'm trying to write other things for work or in general just go about life as usual. People can always check in via e-mail or comments and I will post about what inauguration madness is like. But I will not be out too much with the masses. 2-4 million people and hours out in the cold seems like too much to ask for my body, historic and wonderful as the current election is. Hopefully I can celebrate more fully in 4 years.

One of the perks of time at home is watching West Wing on Bravo in the morning. Would it be crazy for Aaron Sorkin to revisit the idea of the Jimmy Smits presidency?
I know they are all on to other things but it would have been interesting to have seen where the show went in a parallel universe from the one we currently experienced.






I do respond to nudging.

3 comments:

  1. Glad all is going so well. Still ready to transcribe whenever needed.

    Thank you for the fun reminder of all my WW friends, including C.J., Charlie, Josh, Leo, Pres. and Mrs. Bartlet, Matt Santos, and especially Toby (at least until the end when he bacame so petulant).

    -m

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your comment on West Wing reminds me of when I got to see OJ trial #1 every day while home on maternity leave in 1995. Sorry about your plumbing problems, but happy to get news of more important progress. Take care.

    Y.

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad the chemo is progressing! Are you sending pictures of your new doos or no-doo?
    ssyy -that's a hello Sean typed. he can't wait to meet you.
    love
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete