Thursday, January 22, 2009

Post-Inauguration

So the hordes seem to have left DC and now the real work for Obama begins. The energy in DC was good if a little manic - I didn't get anywhere near the mall but reports of crowds and some problems have been reported. Most people who went down to the mall/monuments for the concert or inauguration didn't get close but enjoyed the energy of the folks around. I'm impressed Michele could walk the parade route in pantyhose - weren't her legs cold? The saddest story was that of BoSoxFox and her compatriots who scored tickets and went down early but got caught in the security morass and weren't able to get to their seats/patch of grass and ended up watching the inauguration in a Thai restaurant. Others who went for the mall option really liked being with the crowd and if they couldn't see on a jumbotron - could hear it. I think it was a great time to be in DC - and Ben's did a ton of business.

I was home barely leaving my house over the weekend, but did head out a couple of times. Yesterday I was able to drive and park my car and managed to go into work for one whole day this week. It is a little sad though when you feel as good as you felt over the last 5 days and all the people around you keep wanting to send you home. I have a lovely smoker's cough without the benefit of cigarettes - and seem to only sleep by dosing myself with nyquil (half a dose) and atavan. I don't think I still have some disease but think the cough is a remnant I might have for the duration.

I have a doctor's appointment today and chemo (last a-c treatment :)) and hopefully my doctor will have a solution for the cough. I'm feeling pretty good mentally - and will report in post chemo.

Kim

PS The energy and vibe in the city is terrific.

3 comments:

  1. Hope the chemo went okay. Is a-c the evil red poison? I can't believe I'm going to miss it: such a letdown.
    I cough all the time. Together we can sound like a little flock (pod? school? herd? I think it's herd) of seals.
    xo,
    C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pictures!?!?!?

    Wow that is totally awesome!!!

    Hope all goes well with the shot tomorrow and the scary DMV Half Street place!

    Blog on,
    BoSoxFox

    ReplyDelete