Monday, July 20, 2009

All marked up and no place to go

Just got back from the radiation oncologist - she thinks the mastectomy was a total no-brainer, as is radiation. I should be having between 30-33 treatments starting next Thursday (yes, i get back from vacation on Wednesday). In the meantime, I was marked up, which was a surprise, and meet tomorrow with the plastic surgeon, the person in charge of the stage 3 trial of osteoperosis drugs, and have a bone density test. Wednesday I have ct scans and then my medical appointments for the week are done. (Two days with no tests and then St. John until Wednesday late, and then when I come back I start radiation on Thursday. I then get to find out which of the 3 arms--i.e., alternative treatments--of the study I am in on Monday August 3). It makes for a full and somewhat interesting life.

We also had a conference call with our board at work, and I basically got to explain that I am aware that states are in total meltdown but I seem to be filling my time with frivolous things like getting marked up and meeting with doctors. However, unlike the plastic surgeons, the radiation people wanted to actually take a picture of my face and, yes, I did ask if that meant they wanted me to put my shirt back on. (The answer was yes.) Unlike the plastic surgeons, the radiation folks just want my picture to make sure they are zapping the right person.

Will report more tomorrow.

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment